Bermuda: Day 3

It dawned on me this morning that we were going to leave Bermuda today. The pun was not intended because of the fact that I was on the Norwegian Dawn. But, since we had already conquered the beach, we had no idea what to do on our last day. We just had to make it good. Asking around, someone told us to go to St. George's by ferry. On our first day, we'd taken the ferry to Hamilton. We were taking a different ferry this time, and I think it was going faster, but I stayed inside.


"There isn't a shortage of moving boats around here, is there?"

St. George's was beautiful--but it was also so, so, SO hot. Not even the spray bottle/fan we'd brought with us was cooling us down. In the main square, we watched a woman get dunked into the water on something that looked like a seesaw. Afterwards, Sparkle was willing to try it out, but they'd locked the plank. Something tells me that if they hadn't, there would have been a lot of us dunking ourselves in. We decided to take a train ride around St. George, since the ship left at 5 o' clock and we didn't have time to walk around the entire place. We'd seen a video on what happens when you miss the boat. It's pretty embarrassing. We hiked down to where the stop was, and I saw some weird things on the way that I wouldn't see at home. Check out this cork wreath!

"Cool! Can we take that and hang it on our door at Christmas!"

I think that DonDon really had his heart set on having a cork wreath on his door at Christmas, but he couldn't just take the wreath. That'd be stealing. Billy Bob had to convince him that one could certainly remake something like this just as well when we got back, and had to keep a hold of him several times, as DonDon did attempt to steal the wreath. We just dragged him down to the train station. The train was slow-moving at first, but it gave us time to see everything the town had to offer!

"I wonder if anyone lives there?" -Sparkle

I know that Sparkle was all for trying to see if he could buy the mansion, but then again, who'd want a stone mansion that didn't even have a roof?
"I WANNA ROLL DOWN THAT HILL!" -DonDon

We all wanted to roll down that hill, but 'jumping out of a train' was not on my to-do list of things in Bermuda. So we stayed on the train while it moved on. 

"Think anyone lives on that island?" -Billy Bob

Apparently, if we were to live on that island, Billy Bob would live on the outcropping of rocks, I would live in the middle, Sparkle would live on the right, and DonDon would get exiled to the water. I don't really know how that happened...

"I once caught a trout there," -DonDon
"Did not!" -Sparkle

There was a heated debate about who would go into the water first if there had been a pile of gold at the bottom given that one animal could go at a time. The parameters were extremely specific. All I know is that I'm definitely not getting the gold, and neither is Billy Bob. He didn't seem too happy.

"IT'S MY OWN PERSONAL BEACH!!!" -Perky

In my opinion, the beach is only good for two animals. That would leave me and one other animal. Sparkle, DonDon and Billy Bob all tried to jockey for the position of 'Perky's Best Friend', but I think that, given the choice, I'll just go by myself...

"A COW!! A REAL. COW!!!!! HOLY COW!!!!" -DonDon
"That was the worst pun ever," -Sparkle

A battle ensued between the two pigs to see who could tell the worst jokes. I heard a cheer from Sparkle and a groan from DonDon--I'm pretty sure Sparkle won that one. After the train ride (in which we did give our tips to the driver), we stopped for lunch at a small cafe called Sweet Temptations. It was too early to go back for food on the boat, so we all just got something small to eat.

"Yup! I'm sticking with the classic hot dog!" 

Billy Bob and I were truly baffled as to why Sparkle would get a hot dog in Bermuda, of all places. I guess there's just something about eating a hot dog on a foreign island...I, on the other hand, settled for a bottle of Orangina. I wasn't really that hungry.

"**burp** Yum. Orangina...."

Sparkle and I decided to cut up a Cornish pasty and share it. Unlike a hot dog, you can't get a Cornish pasty back home. We each had a Harry Potter moment when we realized that Cornish pasties were English. Nevertheless, it was the BEST CORNISH PASTY I HAVE EVER EATEN. Probably, it'll be the only Cornish pasty I've ever eaten.
On the way back to the ferry, (the last one left at 2) we decided to send some postcards. I was the only one that could reach the mail slot, and even that took some jumping. As a result, we had to run to the ferry, and it turns out we were ten minutes early. Goodness! I decided to be a fearless pig on the way back, so when the ferry was at full speed, I headed up to the outer deck.

"It's....soooooooooooooo.....wiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnndddddddddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....I..thiiinnnnkkkk...my ears....arrree...flappppingggg...."

After we made it back to the boat, we decided to rest up for a bit before we went to dinner. Tonight, we were going to Aqua. We'd never been to this restaurant before, and we were all wondering if the food would be different. When we got there, the whole restaurant was so different! Outside we were talking with a guy that told us what really happened when we missed the boat. He wouldn't go into details, but his words were, "It's a Kodak moment, man. Kodak moment," The menu looked really interesting, and I decided to go with the beef empanada.

"I thought there would be more! But that's a good sauce, man..."

Billy Bob decided he'd get himself a spring roll--it's not like he had enough of those when he was at home, no, he had to get one while he was on a boat. 

"OH MY GOSH THAT'S SOME REALLLLLLLY HOT SAUCE!!!" -Billy Bob

Don Don ordered the special of the night--the mahi mahi, which is a fish dish in some sort of sauce. 

"Umm...I think that thing's fish...and that thing's a vegetable...right?" -DonDon

After three bites, DonDon had looked over at Sparkle, who had ordered the gnocchi pasta, and was reduced to begging for a bite. Or two. 

"JUST A BITE!!!!! PLEASE!!!!" -DonDon

One very unsatisfied pig lead to dessert, of course (when had it not?) and one dessert somehow led to three. I have no idea how that happened, but I ended up with this English-looking dessert that had sponge cake on the bottom.

"That was some horrible sponge cake,"

It seemed that tonight was the night for bad decisions, so I was not surprised that the sponge cake had been bad. However, Sparkle was the one making good decisions, it seems, and he was on a streak with his strawberry ice cream.

"SHERBET."  -Sparkle
"No, Sparkle. That's ice cream," -Billy Bob

Billy Bob and DonDon, being large chocolate lovers, decided to split a piece of chocolate cake so that they could each get what they wanted but without the stomachaches. 

"Why is there a camera pointed at our cake?" -Billy Bob
There had been a large flash, and the two were momentarily blinded as someone had tried to take a picture of their cake. I don't know why they tried to take a picture, but there were two surprised animals eating it thirty seconds later. We went back to our room, where there was a giant towel animal on our bed in the shape of an elephant, eyes and all. 

"I say we name him Elephanty!" -Sparkle
DonDon had been so excited that he'd dived for the poor thing, resulting in him losing his room key. We ended up searching all over the room for it until I'd crawled under the bed and found it, and we were slightly late to the show of the night, 'Alex and Sally'. It had been so beautiful! There were hoops and there were acrobatics, and there was a love story on top of it all! I swore I heard Billy bob sniffling through the show. Billy Bob never cries. It sobered us up enough that we were able to go bed, though. 


Love, Perky :D See you tomorrow!


























                           


                                   











No comments:

Post a Comment