Street Pianos!

As a pig that has four hooves and absolutely no fingers at all, I am fully prepared to admit that I have absolutely no idea on how to play a piano, let alone one in the street! But they're pretty, and I like pretty things! So I decided to go visit them, wherever they were. The first piano I went to visit was on the Greenway. I wonder how they got the paint to fall like that? While we were there, there was someone singing some Katy Perry, and Billy Bob decided to sing along. Let's just say that's not the best decision he decided to make.

"Do you think they let that paint drip on purpose?"

Consulting a map, it was determined that our next stop was at the Children's Museum. We had to cross over a giant bridge to do so, and Billy Bob hates heights. I had to convince him that we wouldn't die. And of the fact that they were giving out ice cream on the other end. Which was partly true. Halfway across, I saw this seat that was actually pretty cool. It was part of this contest to try and make benches that reunited with nature. 


"Perky, I know you're not thinking philosophical thoughts! Time to get off of the chair!" -Billy Bob

I wasn't thinking philosophical thoughts! I wasn't really! I was just thinking about how the sun hit the water and how it made the background line of the city look really pretty! I was also thinking about how cold it was. Billy Bob had a coat. Lucky hippo. At least I wasn't lying about the free ice cream. Well, I sort of had been--because I didn't know if it had been true or not. I was right, thankfully. The piano there had someone playing on it, so I didn't want to take a picture. But in the piano, there were dolls dancing every time a certain key was hit! Billy Bob finished devouring his ice cream and came over to watch in awe, so. The guy on the piano was playing some jazz tune, and there was a lady next to him singing. They sounded good. We left after a while when it was clear that no one else was going to go, and crossed back over the bridge. We spotted another piano, only it was covered up. We grabbed the tarp off of the piano (and it's heavy. Not an easy job for a hippo and a pig.) and look what we found! Fish! :D

"Perky, how do these fish breathe if they're not in the water?" -Billy Bob

Believe me, Billy Bob tried many times to crack the lock on the piano, including the word "play". But none could do, so we were slightly disappointed. But I perked up--my name is Perky, after all--when I saw another bench. I gotta tell you, these benches should all have won the contest. I would have kept on sitting there, too, if I wasn't afraid of falling through the cracks. 

"If I had a pillow, I'd probably sleep on this through the night!" -Perky

Billy Bob ended up having to forcefully pick me up off of the bench, dragging me across the brick ground, and to the next piano--which, I must add, was a long way from the museum. It was at the Old State House. But Billy Bob had to take a break first--he took a tanning on a piece of concrete. Sometimes, I don't even know what that hippo's thinking. I mean, who tans on concrete? Wouldn't they want to sleep on a beach?

"The sun hits in all the right places...including my nose!" -Billy Bob

Laziness ended up kicking in for the blue-nosed hippo, and Billy Bob ended up sleeping there until the sun went down. Now I was the one who had to drag him all the way to the Old State House--we were running out of time, and there were still so many pianos for me to see. There wasn't anyone playing this one. I think it's because it looked a bit like Halloween...

"DUN DUN DUN DUN...DUN DUN DUN DONDON!" -Billy Bob

There was a large amount of confusion as to why Billy Bob decided to mention DonDon at that point, especially since DonDon hadn't been there...oh well. I guess Billy Bob has more musical talent than I actually thought he did. We hiked on to Boston Common, where there was a piano with a mustache on it, but it was dark and my flash decided not to work at that moment. However, there was a large collection of globes made of different things. Billy Bob and I decided to climb up onto the light bulb one. Sparkle was afraid of falling...

"Why isn't this light bulb turning on?" -Billy Bob

Billy Bob decided to jump from the light bulb, thankfully landing without a faceplant. I was the one that decided to edge off of the lightbulb, but still landed ungracefully on two legs instead of four. Sparkle took that as a sign as time to go home, and we were herded back onto the train to go home. Not that I wanted to go home. I mean, I'm a curious pig! Who wouldn't want to see more of the pianos? Although maybe that was for another week...it was kind of cold...

Love, Perky :D









No comments:

Post a Comment